The are several best countries in the world’s for student destination. Countries like USA, UK, Australia, Canada and so on offers unparalleled scope for students from all streams to study and excel in their chosen fields. Coupled with an economy that requires new talent every year, it is the ideal destination for students looking to study and make a life after graduation. With a abroad student visa, it is possible to study in their dream country.

 JMM Advisors offers best support students need to study in foreign universities with a student visa. Our understanding of the abroad education system and vast experience with student visa process make us your best bet to study in the abroad.


The abroad universities are able to provide the best possible platform to international students with a student visa. This is evident from their high rankings making it worthwhile to study in  abroad. The foreign education system offers the most comprehensive coursework to students with an equal emphasis on both practical and theoretical learning

Affordable Education

Diversity and Flexibility

Outstanding support system for overseas students

Healthy and Safe Communities

Access to internships

Exciting Campus Lifestyle


The most of  Universities fall under two major categories: public-funded and private institutions.
International students’ tuition expenses at state schools are based on non-resident costs, which are still usually less expensive than those of private universities. This is excluding the student visa fees. You will need approximately $10,000 to $55,000 annually to cover your tuition fees when you study in abroad.

Undergraduate Bachelor Degree$15,000 to $40,000 per year
Graduate programs$20,000 to $40,000 per year
Doctoral Degree$20,000 to $45,000 per year

Universities have 3 major intakes.

Students have the option of choosing the term of their study from three main flexible intakes, Spring (January), Fall (September) and Summer (May) when they study in USA.

Intake 1: Fall Semester – It commences in August/September and is the major intake.

Intake 2: Spring Semester – It commences in January/February intake is also available.

Intake 3: Summer Semester – It commences in May/June and is available for selected Courses.

You will have to choose an intake that best suits your requirements and make your application accordingly. Remember the deadline to submit applications are usually a few months before the starting date of the semester. You will also have to plan your US student visa application to sync with your college application process.


Student Applicant

  • Students must be over 18 years of age.
  • International students can work on-campus up to 20 hours/week or less during the academic terms and full-time during the academic break periods including the summertime.
  • Off-campus employment requires some form of written or documented authorization issued by either the governament or university bodies.
  • You must be currently in legal status and have been enrolled as a student on a student visa in the country for a minimum of one academic year to be eligible for any form of off-campus employment.

You will generally need the following for your US Student Visa application for US universities:

  • A valid passport with a validity date at least six months beyond your period of stay.
  • Recent passport size photograph.
  • Confirmation page of DS-160.
  • Form I -20.
  • Payment of application fees for SEVIS.
  • Application as a non-immigrant.
  • Your University will make you aware of additional requirements if any prior to your application.
  • Student Visa holders are eligible for up to 12 months of OPT (optional practical training) on completion of graduation. That means you can work for a year after you finish your studies.
  • It is temporary employment permission allowing students the opportunity to gain practical experience in their field of study.
  • After that, you’ll be required to apply for a work visa if you have to continue working in the US. You can remain in the US up to 60 days after the completion of your course in US universities even if you don’t have a job offer or haven’t applied for OPT

The student dependent visa is called the F2 Visa. The F2 visa is a non-immigrant dependent visa where the immediate family members of the F1 student visa holders can come to the US. Dependents include the spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21 of the individual who is studying in US.

  • Must be the spouse of an F1 student visa holder.
  • Must be the dependent child (under 21 years and unmarried) of an F1 visa holder.
  • Applicant must have enough financial resources to support the family in the US
  • Passport (both original and photocopies)
  • Visa application confirmation (DS-160)
  • A photograph conforming to U.S. visa rules
  • Birth certificate for dependent children
  • Marriage certificate for spouses
  • Visa fee payment receipt
  • Applicant’s I-20 form
  • Copy of F1 visa holder’s I-20 form
  • Applicant’s bank statements, tax records, and employment documents as proof of financial stability

Extended visa stays

If the primary F1 student visa holder extends his / her stay, then the F2 visa dependents are also automatically eligible to apply for the extension. Filing Form I-539 is enough to renew your F2 visa along with proof of your financial status.

Change of visa status

You can enter the U.S. on an F2 visa and subsequently request a change of visa status. By enrolling in a US higher education program in US universities, you can change your visa status to F1. If you find an appropriate job, you can request a change of visa status.

Getting a Green Card

While you get a Green Card automatically when your primary F1 visa holder receives one, you are also eligible to apply for one on your own. You can change your visa status to a different one which allows for dual purpose (e.g., L1 visa) and then apply for a Green Card. If you find employment, you become eligible for a Green Card.

Access to healthcare

F2 visa holders have access to medical services and hospitals in the US. However, if you plan on a long stay or expect a medical situation, it makes sense to buy a health insurance plan to cover the high costs of health care.

  • No permission to work
  • Not eligible for Social Security Number
  • Not allowed to pursue higher education
  • Cannot enter the U.S. before the F1 student visa holder
  • As you are not eligible to work, you can’t get a Social Security Number (SSN).
  • You can’t get employment in the United States on an F2 visa. But you’re allowed to do unpaid voluntary work
  • You cannot do a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in US universites on the F2 visa. Yet you are eligible for recreational and vocational training courses. Dependent children on an F2 visa can complete primary, middle and high school education. If you are looking to pursue higher studies, you must first apply for a visa status change.
  • You must either be accompanied by the primary F1 visa holder or fly later after the F1 holder for first-time travel to the U.S. on an F2 visa. You can’t enter the United States before the F1 visa holder. This only applies when you are first entering the U.S. and not for subsequent travel.

What you cannot do-.

Requirements for student visa application

  • You cannot apply for non-academic or vocational training courses in the US
  • You meet the minimum education qualification required for admission into the vocational course.
  • You were admitted by a U.S.-based educational school and got the Form I-20.
  • You have the appropriate level of proficiency in English
  • You’ve shown you’ve got enough funds to cover your expenses while you’re in the US
  • You have permanent residence in your country of origin
  • You have no intention of remaining in the US and will leave after your education is complete
  • The institution is convinced that the education you are receiving will benefit your country of origin

Documents required

  • Passport valid for at least six months
  • DS-160 confirmation
  • Visa appointment letter
  • Recent photographs
  • Fee receipts
  • Educational certificates
  • Proof of financial stability

Apply for full-time employment outside the campus
Study the full-time course as part-time operation (which means strict monitoring of attendance)